Home Decor

Home Decor
Home Decor Ideas

Best Furniture Paint

Best Furniture Paint
Favorite Furniture Paint

BEST Furniture Makeovers

BEST Furniture Makeovers
Best Furniture Makeovers

The Madison Park Mirror


Years ago I was hired by a well to do family to help them organize their home. A room in their basement looked liked a mini REI. And what was viewed as trash to them was a gold mine to me. I can’t even begin to tell you about the enormous amounts of things that we donated. It was gratifying though to see that the community would be getting some really nice things in their local thrift store. (What I really wanted to do? Was make a bee line down there to purchase all those really nice items.) But I didn’t. I did however muster up the courage to ask for a large empty frame that was about to be discarded into the garbage. Apparently, it came with a really expensive painting but the frame came in a brassy gold color (not their style). So they purchased another frame for their painting.


 I painted it in Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan in Old White and then put a tinted glaze over the top to really pop out all that gorgeous detail. Then, I had an inexpensive mirror cut and WALLA I had me a large mirror.



I love that this didn’t end up in the trash. It really is amazing how a little paint can transform something and make it gorgeous again.

Carrie || Thirty Eighth Street


2 comments